Well, this one certainly was a process!
I started out with many, many ( and still not enough) pastel-ish scrap strings. I paper pieced them, but forgot to shorten my stitch length. Mmm hmm.
So I got 8 partially pieced, and realized I really did need another 4 blocks. Got those together. Pieced a 6×2 runner. Started free motion quilting, and it was working! All that practice paid off! I kept thinking, “I’m flying!!”
And then I broke a needle. And my machine would NOT FMQ after that.
there’s a fabulous Facebook group where some kind folks helped me troubleshoot. I thought I was really sink for a while, but I tried a few people’s advice to try another needle, and that worked. Whew!